Bolton Public Library
The Bolton Public Library began in 1859 on a few shelves of what is now the Selectman’s Room at Town Hall. In 1901, Misses Emma and Anna Whitney presented a gift of $10,000 to the town to build a library in memory of their father, Captain Joseph Whitney. The cornerstone of the original building at 738 Main St. was set in 1903 and the library opened in 1904.
Today, the library houses over 39,000 items including books, magazines, newspapers, music, audiobooks, and movies. The renovated library features a children’s room with storytime and craft space, a young adult area, a local history room, periodicals/reading room, and several quiet study areas. There are public computers for both adults and children as well as wifi access throughout the building.